Starting your day right with China’s favorite street breakfast and a bunch of links…
- Rashad McCants, who was close to signing with Liaoning Panpan back in December after spending about five minutes in the NBA D-League, is now back in the D-League with the Texas Legends.
- Alan Paul, who wrote one of my all-time favorite China/basketball pieces about God Shammgod’s CBA journey for SLAM Magazine in 2009, has come out with a book about accidentally becoming a rock star in Beijing during his family’s three year stay in the city. Obviously, we’re looking forward to reading it. You can check out his blog here.
- chinaSMACK has everything you need to know and more about Kobe Bryant’s new Sprite commercial with China’s favorite singer-rapper-dancer-actor, Jay Chou, better known to readers in the States as the dude from The Green Hornet.
- Chinese college students studying in the States have trouble making American friends. After living on the same floor as a group of Chinese male students while in college, and after teaching a few college prep courses to prospective study abroad students in Beijing and Nanjing, I know that to be generally true. But, the ones at the University of San Francisco who had some success breaking into American groups of friends? They were the ones who went down to Koret to run pick-up at 5pm.
- India, the NBA’s next China.